About the job
theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penn National Gaming, empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa and the company’s home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About The Team
Working hand-in-hand with both our editorial content and video departments, you’ll help deliver incredible football content to our vast and dedicated app and social audience. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your storytelling, research and analytical skills across a variety of multimedia platforms, and be part of a sterling Content operation that reaches millions of sports fans daily. We nimbly cover the entire sports landscape with the industry’s only true mobile-first approach.
Typical Work Day At TheScore
- Write features, opinion, analyses and conduct original reporting for theScore media app.
- Pitch concepts and work collaboratively with your Features editor and other key stakeholders.
- Write short- and long-form scripts for existing and new video franchises.
- Take part in weekly content brainstorms and production meetings.
- Propose new concepts for video franchises and assist in refining existing ones.
- Record both voiceovers and on-camera reads for video content series.
- Other duties as required.
- Proven experience as a football writer and content creator.
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable on-camera.
- Experience writing for broadcast and/or developing multimedia concepts is considered an asset.
- Expert football knowledge, including: game play, strategy, rosters, history, league finances, advanced analytics, trends, social content, media and draft.
- Knowledge of and a passion for sports betting is considered an asset.
- A degree in journalism is preferred.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proven self-starter who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Available to work weekends and evenings when required.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.