About the job
The Producer/Editor is primarily responsible for editorial video content for the Detroit Red Wings Little Caesars Arena. Working with the Lead Producer/Editor this person will manage video shoots, develop story ideas and produce unique content with the goal of entertaining fans across all media platforms. Position will involve non-traditional work hours. Upon occasion, this person will work on video projects for other entities within the Ilitch Sports + Entertainment family.
- Development of video content for The Detroit Red Wings and Little Caesars Arena.
- Develop and maintain standards of video development and review in a collaborative environment.
- Create weekly production schedules.
- Conduct interviews and develop segments for The Detroit Red Wings and Little Caesars Arena Media Platforms.
- Collaborate with other departments and corporate entities and help create video production on other company projects as needed.
- Stay current on new web video technologies and industry trends. Make recommendations to continually innovate and improve operations and enhance the video experience at Little Caesars Arena and for our online audiences.
- Make recommendations regarding growth of the department in terms of talent needed as well as hardware and software solutions.
- Supplemental Job Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Skilled with various camera platforms and accessories, including Arri Alexa, Canon C-Series, Canon DSLR, GoPro, Ronin, etc..
- Minimum of three years’ experience in video production, sports or news environment preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Evidence of creativity and innovation in developing projects and crafting story ideas.
- Proficiency with media editing software; including, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or FCPX (Adobe After Effects experience a plus).
- Understanding of video encoding, codecs and formatting projects for appropriate channels.
- Evidence of highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible and non-traditional schedules, including evenings, weekends, and holidays in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and to adhere to corporate travel policies.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of or previous experience working in a sports environment, preferably hockey.
- Knowledge of the sport of hockey and the Detroit Red Wings organization.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to high noise level
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- This position requires travel by vehicle, train, air or other types of transportation.
- This position involves carrying and set up of equipment.
- This position involves assignments both inside and outside of an arena environment with varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.