About the job
JOB TITLE: Multimedia Journalist
LOCATION: Houston, TX (On-Site)
About The Role & Team
TelevisaUnivision, KXLN Local Media Houston is looking for an aggressive bilingual multi-media journalist. We are looking for someone who is social media savvy, who has solid news judgment with the ability to think quickly responding appropriately to high-pressure situations. The quality that sets up apart is the connection with have with our community; the candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills, with dynamic live television skills.
You are an enthusiastic self-starter who loves working with people, is detail-oriented, and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Generate stories with minimum direction
- Shooting and editing news stories
- Produce daily content on a variety of platforms
- Develop sources and contacts
- Contribute story ideas to assignment desk daily
- Setting up interviews and other appointments as needed for background on assigned stories
- Capable of reporting live from the field on breaking stories
- Participate in station related events
- Maintains close communication with assignment desk, show producers and news director
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism
- 3-5 years of reporting required
- Must be a strong live reporter
- Must work well under time deadlines
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Strong understanding of news gathering ethical and legal issues
- Genuine enthusiasm for work & a drive for excellence
- Fluent in English and Spanish (read and write)
- Strong reporting skills
- Must be willing to work from office in Houston, TX
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United Stated on a full-time basis
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type and sit for up to (8) hours
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage options.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.