About the job
Do you like to create order out of chaos? Do people consider you a master multi-tasker? Are you comfortable in situations where you’re not the foremost expert? Do you love to learn, and do you view challenges as learning opportunities?
We Are Looking For Someone Who
- We are looking to add a brave, flexible and energetic individual to our growing team of communications professionals.
- Is able to lead small- to medium-sized projects and drive those projects to completion by precise deadlines,
- Has great attention to detail,
- Is able to pop in and out of teams and projects and make an impact quickly,
- Is calm and able to communicate effectively under high-pressure situations,
- And who is able to work with multiple people and groups and form connections across teams and clients.
WE Communications is one of the largest communications and integrated marketing agencies in the world. We’re independent, we’re all about our people — both our employees and our clients — and we believe in the power of communications to move audiences to positive action.
We love to provide great careers to talented people. And, we are looking for someone to join our “SWAT” team of flexible resources; someone who can jump in and out of our permanent teams and provide help in peak work situations.
This person has a diverse skill-set, with experience in communications, media relations, storytelling, writing, digital/social communications and client/customer service. The right candidate for this role knows the fundamentals of public relations and project management. This person also understands how to delight a client with dedication to tasks, proactive updates on project status, incredible attention to detail, professionalism and accountability.
The Senior Account Executive will manage multiple day-to-day client and agency requests across business groups in a dynamic team environment. This position will drive consumer PR campaigns and support launches with media, influencers, and consumers. The SAE will partner with our clients to drive brand recognition, relevance, and resonance on a global scale.
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Actively manage up and across to clearly communicate project status
- Maintain and grow client relationships
- Assist other team members in planning and executing communications programs, including PR, social, digital and executive thought leadership campaigns
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Model agency values; mentor and coach colleagues and junior staff on agency “best practices” for successful engagement with influencers, clients and co-workers
- Lead/partner on projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking as well as drive news and launches for events
- Identify, create, and grow relationships with target media/influencers to appropriately engage, pitch, and build news stories
- Serve as day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders, manage high-profile campaigns across diverse teams, providing key and tactical recommendations and anticipating needs
- Develop and lead brainstorming and execution of integrated communications plans aimed at changing perceptions and achieving specific business goals
- Contribute to the development and execution of integrated digital/social/broadcast campaigns
- Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction; Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience in communications, preferably in an agency setting and/or within the a related industry (e.g., consumer, technology, healthcare, public affairs), OR 3-5 years of experience in project management, editorial, creative or similar environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content highly desirable
- Bonus points for media relations background with demonstrated ability to manage story development
- A communicative, flexible, multi-tasking problem solver
- Diplomatic and fair
- Flexible and rolls with the punches
- Organized and amazingly detail-oriented
- Strong leadership skills with a calm demeanor
- Enjoys a fast-paced and creative environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Desire to be an engaged, accessible member of a dynamic office and broader global agency community
- Customer-service orientation is a must
- Able to manage the pressure of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to lift up-to 25 pounds
- Uses good judgment in communicating with others and in the escalation of issues
- Curious, and is eager to learn and ask questions
- Bonus points for having a great sense of humor
Equal Opportunity Statement
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.