About the job
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Finance at Vacasa
We think perfect spreadsheets and balanced books are beautiful. Our team embraces the crucial nature of our work and digs into the details to sleuth out correct data. We work on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. We make it happen and we grow–ourselves and our company.
What We’re Looking For
A Financial Analyst to join our team. You’ll focus on important calculations, reporting and analysis to help the business execute on it’s goals. You must be able to use your quantitative skills to break down large data sets and identify underlying trends and business drivers, with an eye for detail and accuracy. This won’t be a monotonous job – the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. You’ll need to know your way around excel, some experience in statistics, have an aptitude for relational databases as well as a solid helping of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity for growth and interaction with many functions of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Compile, analyze, and report on sales activity and commission calculations in support of our aggressive growth strategy.
- Expense management in cooperation with business owners.
- Development and publication of key weekly and monthly reporting .
- Communicate your findings effectively and follow through to help drive improvements.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills You’ll Need
- 2+ years in quantitative analysis or an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.).
- Experience with SQL.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities, and exercise good judgment.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- Experience in compensation analysis preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, accounting, statistics, economics, mathematics, etc.
- Ability to work from home and resides in one of the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NH, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, IL, NC, WY, or WI
- Required flexibility to work in PST/MST hours
What You’ll Get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings