About the job
Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate and curious about data, and can construct visualizations of financial data
- Strong technical, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of demonstrated quantitative, system thinking and finance skills
- Self-driven, detail and process-oriented with desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to understand new business and financial models quickly with less than full information
- Performs well under pressure in both team and individual settings
- Collaborative work style. Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments; Ability to build relationships and trust with local and remote colleagues
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a ‘real-time’ process work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Data Analytics or related financial discipline required
- One or more years of experience in data analysis, finance, or other relevant experience Description: Assist in gathering and interpreting reporting requirements from internal business customers.
- Assist in designing, standardizing and automating dashboards and reports using a variety of systems.
- Troubleshoot, validate, and test new and existing reports to ensure data completeness and consistency.
- Maintain report lists and distribution lists and keep them up to date.
- Generate and distribute reports in a timely manner according to a predetermined schedule, including daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist in generating presentations and reporting packages involving revenue and expense for budget, forecast and actuals.
- Analyze and review variances in data and provide explanations for management.
- Collaborate with accounting and ensure monthly adjustments are reflected for management reporting.
- Become a subject matter expert within FP&A on Anaplan, TM1, Power BI, Cognos, Tableau and other sources of data/reporting.
- Provide training to other FP&A members on use of reports and systems. Assist with questions other FP&A members may have when creating their own ad-hoc reports
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.