About the job
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you – on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office – it’s up to you.
The VP of Finance will be responsible for global financial planning, management reporting of key business metrics, business partner support, finance systems, and investor relations support.
The VP of Finance will report to the CFO and lead a distributed team and directly support the COO and other key business leaders. This role will be responsible for developing the finance organization with a focus on providing the business with more timely insights to enable customer, employee, and business success.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of 15+ finance professionals. Responsible for establishing team priorities, goal setting, and overall team development
- Be the strategic financial partner to the COO and other key business leaders
- Drive accurate financial plans and forecasts.
- Provide key insights into the business drivers of financial results to be used by internal management and for external investor purposes.
- Drive the quarterly close and reporting process, supporting the IR function with earnings call preparation
- Drive further development of FP&A systems and reporting capabilities
- 12+ years experience in Finance positions
- Experience in building and leading distributed teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance-related majors
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and problems solving skills
Nice to Have
- SaaS industry experience
- Change management
- Scaling processes and systems
- Investors Relations
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world. Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]