About the job
Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Assist in the execution of moderately complex financial analysis of key business areas within the Bancorp. Streamline external reporting schedules through development of a centralized data source. Focus efforts around automation in reporting, documenting data flow for transparency, and pursuing resolution of data quality issues in partnership with various lines of business. Escalating and communicating issues as they arise to ensure the right level of visibility is critical.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensuring that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Lead the development and production of reports and documentation for FRY14-M, FRY14Q, and regulatory reporting.
- Assume responsibility for the existing reporting processes and all related calculations and support, which requires the employee to:
- Develop an understanding of existing and proposed regulatory guidance around the reporting of externally prepared schedules
- Identify, analyze, and support data used in the schedules, and work with line of business partners to ensure improved data quality
- Maintain schedule documentation, including process mapping, edit testing, and reconciliations
- Work collaboratively with Internal and External Auditors and Federal Reserve Bank Examiners
Typical Duties Include
- Document current reporting to ensure transparency in the current reporting framework. Evaluate and improve the design of reports in existence, through a centralized process and data flow. Improve access to and quality of data used.
- Perform edit/validation checks and analytical reviews as necessary to verify data inputs are complete and accurate.
- Support the development of datasets for improved transparency.
- Perform analytical review on reporting outputs to understand changes in portfolio composition and identify errors or omissions.
- Perform and/or leverage portfolio analysis such as industry/geographic/product segmentation and ensure that impact is expected to ensure accuracy.
- Develop, analyze, and justify assumptions and calculations to ensure transparency throughout the bank incorporating regulatory guidance
- Maintain procedural documents, data, and calculation reference material.
- Participate in the development of new 14Q and 14M reporting processes under centralized data sources
- Collaborate with the teams who design, develop, implement, document, and maintain new reporting processes to improve the quality, transparency, and consistency of the data reported
- Develop relationships with the appropriate levels of management for process improvement ideas, issue identification, and resolution.
- Work collaboratively with Commercial and Consumer lines of business, Risk Management, the Enterprise Data Office, and Regulators. Ensure that schedule changes are well communicated, the approach is consistent, and issues are escalated as appropriate to the Regulatory Reporting Disclosure Committee.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders: maintain regular communication with the finance and accounting, the lines of business, risk, IT, and EDO to ensure that all appropriate items and issues are addressed, and that important item are documented and presented timely to senior management.
- Proficient with various in-house transaction systems, including but not limited to booking systems (AFS, ACBS, Infolease, etc) underwriting systems (CCAS, nCino, etc), etc.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required to fulfill departmental goals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Minimum Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience – 3-5 years of related work experience within the financial industry with experience with financial reporting, analytics, or database management.
- Computer skills – Microsoft office products with strong Excel skills. Demonstrated ability to utilize various applications and business intelligence/database tools: SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Tableau. Demonstrated ability to learn and understand various applications and business intelligence/database tools.
Preferred Attributes –
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Results-driven and self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to improve operational processes and operate in a team environment. Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Sound problem solving skills, including the ability to identify obstacles or issues and work independently to develop and propose flexible solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and present complex topics and analysis in a clear and concise manner (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple tasks. Demonstrate sound judgement as well as apply logical/critical thought processes.
- Demonstrated financial analysis, quantitative, conceptual, risk assessment, and analytic skills.
- Experience with regulators desired.
Finance Reporting AnalystLOCATION — Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.