Full Job Description
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Hancock Forest Management, Inc. (“HFM”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hancock Natural Resource Group (“HNRG”), which is part of John Hancock Life Insurance Company and ultimately owned by Manulife Financial Corporation. HFM is a property management company that serves global institutional investors through a related-party investment management group (Hancock Timber Resource Group) and third-party private investors. HFM oversees the timber development and harvesting operations for approximately 3.2 million acres of timberland across the USA and Canada. HFM represents the North American property management platform of HNRG.
Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) founded in 1985, is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of John Hancock/Manulife Financial Corporation. HNRG is based in Boston, Massachusetts and is comprised of two core businesses; Hancock Timber Resource Group (HTRG) which develops and manages timberland investments and Hancock Agricultural Investment Group (HAIG) which develops and manages farmland investments. HNRG develops and manages diversified agricultural and timberland portfolios for a global client base. As of September 30, 2020, HNRG managed $14.1 billion of timberland and farmland, comprising approximately 5.9 million acres located in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Chile.
Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) creates value through the sustainable management of natural resource investments. Traditional HNRG timberland and agriculture investments have always emphasized good stewardship of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors as important contributors to achieving long-term market rates of return. As the impacts of climate change become clearer and the need for mitigation and adaptation from natural climate solutions become more pronounced, HNRG is determined to offer its clients opportunities to invest in forests and farms that prioritize environmental and social impact equal to or above financial returns.
Location: Vancouver, Washington or Charlotte, North Carolina
The Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the implementation, use, and continuous improvement for farmland and timberland property management business information system workflows and usage. The successful incumbent will report to the Manager, Business Support
- North American timberland and farmland property management.
- Support activity including administration, training, adoption, and user support.
- Business system support of resource information, crop activity management, and other business systems; includes geographic information system and wood accounting system.
- Provides business analysis and project management.
- Collaborates with strategic innovation and information technology teams.
- Supports Operations and other property management business teams.
- Remote support; help desk incident management.
- Provides direct support to internal customers on use of Company’s resource information and business systems via help desk \ incident support system
- First point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance
- Logs incident details, interactions, resolutions into a system
- Determines best solutions and works to resolve issues
- Escalates issues as needed
- Follows up with customers to ensure issues are resolved
- Provides training for resource information and Company business systems
- Assists with training material development
- Conducts training sessions
- Provides regular information regarding system and business changes.
- Provides business analysis for continuous improvement of resource information and business systems
- Identifies and suggests possible improvements on procedures and workflows
- Analyzes business systems to align the software solutions with business needs
- Assembles and communicates business requirements through stakeholder interviews and analysis
- Establish feedback loop for processing and reporting on and implementing user and stakeholder response
- Collaborates with IT on the implementation of new or improved workflows and resource information.
- Develops business specifications for system development
- Performs testing for enhancements implemented in systems
- Special projects as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in forestry, agriculture, geography, or related disciplines.
- Must have experience with enterprise-level GIS technology
- Direct experience with Esri technology platform, structured query language, and helpdesk incident management desired.
- Knowledgeable of database design and application development techniques.
- Must have strong customer service/customer support orientation.
- Must be team player
- Must be a problem solver
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data and decision modeling a plus
Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .
E EO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency