Full Job Description
What you would be a part of:
Broadcast Programming is responsible for producing the Focus on the Family Daily broadcast and additional audio programming (podcasts, spots, etc). As one of two interns in this area you will be doing research, interviewing guests, and writing scripts and other related documents for potential future audio programming.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Research potential broadcasts – read books & do internet research of potential topics and guests to determine their viability for future FOF Daily broadcasts
- Interview potential guests – conduct phone interviews with potential guests to determine their capabilities as a future broadcast guest. Select short excerpts from the interview to share with Programming team
- Pitch broadcast ideas – based upon their research of potential guests, present a rationale for why a specific topic & guest should be considered for a future broadcast
- Provide additional writing/script development – assist FOF Daily producers with script writing for existing audio programming
- Attend weekly programming meetings – participate in team discussions re: current & future audio programming
- Final project – plan, develop & research a potential future broadcast/podcast episode from beginning concept to final prep. If possible, record a “demo” version of the broadcast/podcast.
Our goals are for you to:
- Develop confidence & experience in audio programming
- Enhance your writing, research & communication skills
- Experience a collaborative & creative team while working in an office environment
What makes you a good fit for the Broadcast Production team:
- Broadcasting (TV/Radio), Journalism or performing arts major or similar
- Developing research skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Organized, self-motivated, and confident
What makes you a good fit for Focus on the Family:
- You exemplify Ephesians 5:1-2, “Therefore be imitators of God as dear children and walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us…”
- You pursue the Great Commission given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- You are a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family’s ministry in prayer
- You demonstrate behaviors aligned with Focus on the Family core values
This position is an intern position only. There will be no compensation or pay with this position, but an honorarium will be provided, workday lunch, and housing for out of town students in need.
Only upperclassmen college students need apply.
Transportation is the responsibility of the intern and may be a condition of acceptance.
Focus on the Family is a non-profit 501(c)3 religious organization dedicated to helping families thrive.
Helping Families Thrive! Focus on the Family is a 501c3 Christian Non-Profit Ministry.