About the job
The Race and Sports Book Writer is responsible for issuing and cashing wagering tickets, and ensuring that all appropriate materials (racing forms, scratch/odds sheets, and wagering guides) are fully stocked in their designated areas. This position is responsible for maintaining all Resorts World Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- At Resorts World Las Vegas, we believe that every member of our team is an ambassador and is essential to the success of our company. We expect all Team Members to take personal ownership in ensuring everything they do is in the best interest of the company and that all will adhere to our five core non-negotiable responsibilities.
- Everyone is an Ambassador – No matter where you work at Resorts World Las Vegas, it is your responsibility to treat this property like you would your own home. No one gets hurt, everyone feels secure, the environment is clean, and every guest gets what they need.
- Everyone works in Safety – If you have a safety concern, it is your responsibility to address it by correcting it or notifying the appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Security – If you See Something, it is your responsibility to Say Something. You must notify the appropriate department or individual if you feel there is a security concern.
- Everyone works in EVS – If there is trash on the floor, it is your responsibility to pick it up. If it is a mess that needs more attention, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Guest Experience – If a guest needs assistance, it is your responsibility to assist that guest and do so with a smile. If the guest needs more assistance than you can provide, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate department or individual.
Primary Job Duties – Includes, but is not limited to:
- Adheres to all Resorts World Las Vegas core values and property and department standards.
- Participate in the execution of short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records and reports.
- Follows all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and property-wide controls.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of service.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Balances assigned bank accurately.
- Cashes issue and cash wagering tickets for guests, in a courteous, timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and legible balance sheets.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Obtain and maintain position-specific licensing. Obtain and maintain position-specific licensing.
- Use personal device/cellular phone for job related operational tasks, job duties, review of company documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to explain betting odds, lines and formats.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents.
- Familiarity with all professional sports leagues, Division 1 colleges, and racetracks that are being booked by the company and be able to work a ticket issuing machine preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office and 10-key.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- At least 21 years of age.
- At least one-year Race and Sports writing experience.
- Casino or cash handling experience.
- Previous experience in a large, luxury resort setting.