Full Job Description
The Intramural and Club Sports Coordinator will establish relationships and work with other areas of the Department, the Office of Residence Life and throughout the College to enhance the Intramural and Club Sports program. The Intramural and Club Sports Coordinator is responsible for the daily oversight and management of the Intramural and Club Sports program and management and training of student staff.
Required Qualifications – Education and Yrs Exp
- Bachelors plus 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 2-3 years experience in college intramural sports or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills with a demonstrated commitment to student development and inclusion
- Current CPR & FA certification
Masters Degree is sports management-related field
Experience with IM Leagues
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Joann Brislin, Sr. Associate Athletic Director for PE and Recreation
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID-19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or rescinding its offer of employment.
- Administers all aspects of the intramural and club sports program, including league and tournament scheduling, recruiting, hiring training, and supervising of officials, marketing, player discipline, and hiring, and scheduling student support staff with attention paid to providing inclusive programs and services to underrepresented populations.
- Determine employee schedules, monitor schedules for accuracy and adequate supervision, adjust scheduling based on availability and budget, and oversee bi-weekly payroll review.
- Enforces established policies and procedures relating to intramural participation.
- Collaborate with Residential Communities House liaison/council for House IM competition each term.
- Coordinate venue, equipment and supervisory needs for recreational requests.
- Manages the web-based scheduling and participant registration program for intramural activities (IMLeagues); manages the scheduling of leagues/games, sends email reminders of sport deadlines, collects participation data for reports, updates sport rules, captains’ quizzes and the intramural sports handbook accordingly with proper evaluation of IM play after each season.
Percentage Of Time
- Address participants regarding policies, rules of various sports, and behavioral expectations.
- Serve as the primary Risk Manager for all intramural sports related issues; inform Assoc. Director of issues and resolutions.
- Provide excellent customer service to participants at all times.
- Produces and manages marketing and promotion of all intramural sports events which includes website development, digital communication, and social media development and updates.
- Maintain inventory of IM equipment and awards.
- Assist Associate Director with Club Sports administration.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.