Local Now is a streaming service that is changing the way Americans get news about their communities. Powered by The Weather Channel and a variety of content partners, Local Now delivers real-time, local news, weather, lifestyle and entertainment content through a unique technology that transmits localized information to more than 230 markets across the United States. The free service delivers the same information seen in a 30 to 60-minute local news broadcast segment, on-demand and in a fraction of the time.
Local Now is on a mission to deliver the best customer experience across the free streaming landscape and is looking for smart, passionate people who have a data-driven mindset to attract and retain consumers who will love all Local Now has to offer.
As the Associate Marketing Director, you will play a key leadership role on the Weather Group marketing team by leading our omnichannel activation programs. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll own the strategy and execution of these programs, targeting key personas and segments, and serve as the primary point of contact with our external agency and related media vendor partners.
You will be responsible for acquiring and retaining users across Weather Group’s digital landscape, with a particular focus on OTT. You will apply your knowledge of media planning and implementation across various digital platforms to grow Weather Group’s digital footprint.
You will have specialized knowledge of digital media and understand best practices to drive high quality growth for the organization. In addition to understanding how to build and evaluate an effective media plan, you will also have intimate knowledge of key retention and engagement efforts, such as running push and email campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and report on measurable media goals for our campaigns
- Own the development/management of effective integrated media plans and buys
- Educate the marketing team on targeting and media capabilities
- Meet with internal marketing clients to guide media planning/buying strategies
- Own the relationship with media agency partners and oversee RFP process for new partners
- Work with marketing leaders to maintain and update media plans; includes budgeting/POs, execution, reporting, optimization and invoices/purchase orders
- Develop and execute new and effective campaigns across paid search, display, paid/organic social, content syndication and other channels.
- Report on overall performance to evaluate campaign effectiveness and recommend adjustments
- Stay ahead of industry standards and trends, pilot new media programs and innovative opportunities to reach targets and always be testing
- Partner effectively with product, creative, research/insights, social media and content teams to develop winning media strategies that overdeliver against KPIs, etc.
- Manage Customer Engagement Specialist, who will be focused on keeping customers in the funnel and increasing their time spent within our products
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or equivalent field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 7 years experience managing organic and paid media campaigns
- Demonstrated experience with growing digital products/platforms, with an emphasis on driving growth to OTT or mobile apps
- Demonstrated experience in using data to inform marketing decisions
- Demonstrated experience in developing unique, value-building, marketing programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
You thrive at analyzing data, thinking creatively, and making sure marketing campaigns reach their target audience using the most effective mix of owned, earned and paid channels. You know that the perfect recipe of media and channels can change the way consumers understand our mission, help us build new communities and accelerate adoption of our products. You’re forever dreaming up ways to optimize media plans to boost outcomes for marketing campaigns.