About the job
We’re dead set on building a product that fosters data collaboration and helps data teams do their best work. And we’re looking for a lead Content Editor to turn our vision into reality.
Deepnote is a product- and community-led startup. As such, great product, content, and community act in unison to grow Deepnote’s adoption—the product fuels an engaged community, our community creates compelling content, content creates product awareness / adoption, and the cycle repeats.
To date, we’ve had a handful of content wins and search accounts for about 40% of traffic. But there’s a lot more we can do. You’ll be supported by our Head of Marketing and the Community and Partnerships team to own and execute our content strategy. You also will have a a ton of resources at your disposal, from our community of thousands of data scientists, internal subject matter experts, and flexibility to tap into external content contributors (agencies, influencers, freelancers, video production, etc.).
What you’ll work on:
- Own and execute Deepnote’s content strategy.
- From that strategy, you will define how we measure performance and lead the team to iterate on learnings.
- Oversee our content contributors (i.e., content agencies, external creators, community contributors, interns), while also developing some of the content yourself as an individual contributor.
- Develop and manage the content development cycle end-to-end, from topic ideation, setting content guidelines, managing the content calendar, driving execution, to distributing the content across our channels (blog, socials, website, Deep in data podcast, etc.).
- Set the voice of Deepnote and shape the narrative across different types of content, including
- Commercial insight content: Working with our executive team to develop content about the notebooks category and Deepnote’s role in the modern data stack (example)
- Educational and partnership content: Working with our Community team to identify partner content pieces and develop tutorials and how-tos (example)
- SEO content: Prioritizing and executing content centered around marketing objectives (example)
- Community content: Supporting our community and advocates with coaching, distribution and editorial capacity (examples)
- Customer stories: Amplifying use cases of our customers to explain our value proposition and further grow Deepnote (example)
- Ensure content gets seen by the right audience by owning distribution strategy and building relationships with relevant newsletters, communities, and publications to scale reach.
- You have experience writing for a technical audience and a proven interest in diving into the world of analytics and data science.
- You like data, have an analytical mind, and a drive to understand the why behind numbers.
- You have strong people and project management skills.
- You have a strong understanding of SEO strategies and tooling, and can identify and optimize on keywords and competition.
- You’re an execution machine and highly organized.
- You have stellar skills in working with others.
- Competitive compensation package with equity options
- 25 days of PTO + sick days
- Medical benefits and 401(k)
- Kick-start bonus to get you set up
- Unlimited learning and professional development budget
- Semi-annual company retreats
- Budget for travel to our offices in Prague / San Francisco