WHO ARE WE?
ABOUT THE JOB
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We are seeking a VP, Digital Media to be an integral part of the Live Nation Entertainment Marketing & Data team, leading integrated strategy & planning and in-house media buying & execution for paid digital media campaigns across the Ticketmaster and Live Nation Concerts divisions. The VP, Digital Media must have extensive knowledge of performance-based media strategy and platforms (paid search, social, and programmatic), with the ability to leverage complex data to effectively target and optimize brand/artist and ecommerce campaigns.
In addition, the VP, Digital Media must also have an eye towards creative, high-impact media strategies that command consumer attention and meet artist/client needs, while still meeting core KPIs. This senior leader will also manage primary stakeholder relationships across the company, clearly communicating paid digital media plans while building consensus across teams at the executive level.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Market a large portfolio of live events, including concerts, sports, and arts/theatre, ensuring digital media plans maximize ticket sales and meet overall KPIs.
- Oversee day-to-day activities and operations of Integrated Strategy & Planning and Media Buying & Execution teams (in-house Paid Search & Social and Programmatic Media).
- Serve as a thought-leader and subject matter expert in paid digital media, including media planning and buying strategies, premier digital partners/ad platforms, audience segmentation/targeting, data management, and campaign optimization.
- Work closely with internal business partners to synthesize overall marketing strategy and goals for each event/tour and ensure digital media plans seamlessly integrate with other marketing channels (e.g. traditional media, organic social, PR).
- Establish digital media best practices and communicate to key stakeholders to actively drive change, innovation, and importance of digital within the overall marketing mix.
- Evaluate processes and work with Marketing Operations lead to constantly improve documentation, workflow, efficiency, and effectiveness of team.
- Continue to build Digital Media organization as needed, identifying business needs and resource gaps and shepherding career growth for high-performing team members.
- Drive test and learn culture to constantly experiment and improve performance of campaigns and increase lifetime value of consumers.
- Work closely with Product, Marketing Technology, and Data teams to identify and articulate needs of the Digital Media team, encompassing both internal and external platforms and measurement tools.
- Collaborate with other Digital Marketing team leaders (CRM, SEO, Analytics, Creative, and Operations) to build best-in-class team.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- 15+ years strategic digital media planning and buying experience, including paid search, social, and programmatic media, with a proven record of success and in-depth working knowledge of performance optimization and related technology integrations and solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of the digital media landscape and media planning & buying functions across all major platforms and a passion for data, innovation, and live entertainment.
- Very strong executive presence and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully build relationships, consensus, trust, and influence across all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience managing large teams and high volume of concurrent campaigns in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Proven record of effectively managing large budgets and driving quantifiable results.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage, mentor and develop high performing, highly engaged teams with empathy
In-depth knowledge of:
- Social Platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.)
- DSPs (Google DV360, The Trade Desk, etc.)
- Paid Search (Google Ads, SA360, etc.)
- Digital Campaign Tools (e.g. Google Campaign Manager)
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is ‘Taking Care of Our Own’ through 6 pillars of benefits:
- HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
- WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
- FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
- CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
- OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.