As a key member of our Professional Information Business Sales team, we are looking for a driven sales professional, a strategic business problem solver with an instinct for action, to help build Dow Jones’ expanding data feeds and API business.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Sales, the Sales Specialist will work closely with their Sales Account Executives, Custom Solutions Engineers and Product personnel to drive and Dow Jones DNA data and APIs and Factiva and Dow Jones Newswires datafeeds across the corporate and financial services market. Our clients leverage Dow Jones and Factiva datafeeds and APIs to build solutions ranging from light integration of news headlines within corporate intranets to more sophisticated projects, like implementing search forms or results within a CRM system, to incorporating a data archive within an AI (Artificial Intelligence) analytics platform for deriving predictive insights to solve various business issues.
The role includes identifying prospective customers, generating leads, driving new sales opportunities and closing business. The Enterprise Sales Specialist will utilize their experience in promoting news, data, and/or data analytics solutions or platforms to multiple buying centers in Fortune 1000 and Wall Street firms. During the sales cycle, the Sales Specialist will also utilize their skills in listening to client business issues and designing business use-case scenarios that help clients understand how their issues can be solved through the use of Dow Jones content and data.
- Identify, source, qualify, develop and close new business for enterprise data feeds and APIs that deliver Dow Jones DNA (Data, News, and Analytics), Factiva content, and Dow Jones Newswires across an assigned region.
- Drive and grow revenue with Sales Account Executives on assigned territories.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product, and Custom Solutions Engineers to support sales objectives and execution plans.
- Identify and analyze underlying customer business issues in order to match the appropriate datafeed or API solution.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of sales visits, appointments, contacts and sales opportunities in the global CRM.
- Contribute ongoing thought leadership within the Sales and Product organizations on subjects such as sales approach, product roadmap, positioning, and value proposition of Dow Jones data feeds, APIs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- High level of initiative and self-motivation to meet and exceed sales goals with the ability to work in a team environment.
- More than 5 years prior work experience successfully selling news information, data, data analytics platforms and APIs, and/or content integration services to key business decision-makers, analysts, and data science personnel within corporations in the financial, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and other industries.
- Ability to lead inspirational presentations in a customer-facing environment in an adaptive style.
- Ability to utilize effective commercial teaching and influencing strategies to gain agreement or commitment to proposed solutions.
- Ability to drive new business opportunities within new prospects, as well as up-sell existing clients in their territory.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities ensuring revenue goals are achieved.
- Experience and familiarity with Dow Jones Newswires and/or Factiva products and their business applications.
- Experience in knowing how structured and unstructured data and/or data analytics platforms are used by data scientists, data analysts and business analysts in solving business issues.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB – SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view “Find Jobs – Dow Jones.” Thank you.