About the job
It is the primary responsibility of the Race & Sports Teller to operate ticket issuing / cashing equipment and to issue and cash wagering tickets. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Job Functions
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests
- Solely responsible for all monies / chips associated with all transactions and repays Treasure Island for all shortages
- Possess and distribute all associated sports and racing informational materials (odds sheets, parlay cards, daily racing forms, pens, pencils, etc.) to the designated areas
- Responsible for operating ticket issuing / cashing equipment and for issuing and cashing wagering tickets.
- Possess and effectively communicate to guests the knowledge of all house rules and betting limits.
- Perform all duties deemed necessary for the success of the department
- Working knowledge of Title 31 required
- General knowledge of professional sports leagues, collegiate sports conferences and those teams associated with each is helpful
- Proficient with a PC and a 10-key adding machine
- A minimum of one year Race and Sports writing / cashing experience is preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain Gaming Registration
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor