About the job
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- The Role: Private Equity Reporter
- The Location: Washington, D.C. or Charlottesville, VA
- The Grade (for internal purposes only): GL9
The Private Equity reporter will be responsible for conceiving and writing exclusive news features, covering industry events, and producing data driven insight into the latest private equity trends.
While their main focus will be on the US market, they should understand what is happening in the industry globally, and be able to contribute to content produced by other members of the team.
The reporter will also represent the S&P Global Market Intelligence Private Equity news team at conferences, participating as a panelist or moderator during discussions, and will help drive recognition of our brand and team within the industry through contact building exercises.
Other ad hoc tasks will include covering quarterly earnings calls, being a point of contact for other news teams as and when they have private equity-related questions, and producing engaging posts for the team’s social media channels.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive benefits including four weeks of paid vacation, 20 weeks paid parental leave and generous tuition reimbursement.
- Build expertise in an important sector of the economy.
- Develop a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
- Be part of a team that has a deep knowledge and passion about the industry sectors it covers.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $56k to $129.9k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
Skills And Experience Required
- Minimum of two years’ experience covering private equity or the broader alternative assets market
- Formal journalism or other writing qualification
- Ability to produce self-generated news stories and to work on joint / co-bylined pieces
- An existing private equity contact book, or ability and drive to quickly build one
- Experience of working with data in news stories and features
- Experience of moderating panels or speaking at events is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
About Company Statement
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 259323
Posted On: 2021-03-02
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States