About the job
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within our community! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, character-driven stories that are important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 30 + local news and regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities. The Environment: Spectrum News operates in a 24-hour news cycle which can require employees to be flexible and available to work various shifts, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to tell amazing stories that mean something to our communities. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories across multiple platforms. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
What we’re looking for: The Transit Reporter will research, develop, write, edit and deliver in Spanish-language live presentation of news stories on a deadline. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Create original news stories; gather information for news stories using beat sources, contacts and leads
- Build contacts and sources within the community and establish a community presence outside of the newscasts
- Navigates in-depth reports to own recorded and/or LIVE breaking news
- Deliver news reports, including live reports that demonstrate energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality
- Write and edit own news stories for an assigned newscast or news series within assigned deadlines
- Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively
- Works with a photographer on assigned stories
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment
- Strategically engages in social media
- Responsible for representing the channel in a professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand Spanish and English.
- Must have sufficiently strong story development skills in order to submit original story ideas on a daily basis