Full Job Description
Investopedia and The Balance are looking for a Newsletter Editor to join our team in NYC. This position is based in New York City, however office colocation will depend on stay-at-home orders. For now, all employees work remotely.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the financial markets and personal finance trends, as well as the ability to package the most relevant, timely topics for our newsletter audience. As a Newsletter Editor, you’ll be responsible for managing all the editorial logistics of Investopedia and The Balance’s newsletter production process, from content selection and writer recruiting to managing the budget.
Newsletter topics encompass the following financial subject matters:
Daily markets analysis
Markets, financial advisor and personal finance news roundups
About Your Contributions
- Oversee daily content selection for all Investopedia and The Balance newsletters in both a strategic and hands on role
- Assign and edit detailed, well-researched snippets on trending economic, finance, business and tech topics to be incorporated into multiple email formats
- Assign charts, graphs and other visuals that bring the email newsletters to life
- Approve all daily newsletter copy, editing it yourself and/or using freelance copy editors
- Assign new and update existing articles on site when needed for deeper explorations of the topics being discussed in the email newsletters
About Your Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a financial journalist or financial newsletter editor
- Experience running the editorial of at least one email newsletter, preferably an email program of multiple newsletters
- Excellent editorial skills that can translate business, finance and tech news into thoughtful analysis
- Extreme attention to detail and editorial acumen
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives
Dotdash’s vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday’s 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.