Full Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Storyteller magnifies the message and mission of First Pres by creating original digital media as part of the Creative Team, which functions as an internal creative agency at the church. This includes regular assignments as a photographer and videographer to capture and document content, as well as supporting live events as part of our talented production crew.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Draft, storyboard, produce, shoot and edit original video content, ranging from instructional to promotional. Capture footage, document stories, edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, creating static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voiceover/sfx, and video compression for multiple delivery formats (television, live online, etc.).
- Support live event production and AV needs, helping execute live video broadcast and recording, operating a broadcast switcher and directing camera operators, with basic audio mixing and light programming experience.
- Draft, produce, edit and publish professional podcast episodes.
- Manage digital signage/TVs across campus using Google Sign Builder
- Monitor production schedules to meet deadlines, including pre-planning shoots, scouting, and setup, and deliver video and photo assets on deadline.
- Create and maintain comprehensive archive of current and former video content to ensure content is easily accessible.
- You’re a great storyteller – able to use video as a medium to creatively and concisely tell the First Pres story, avoid the cheese factor and seamlessly convey the larger Biblical message.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Film Production, Digital Media or relevant field; OR equivalent work experience.
- You also have 2-3 years of experience in video production, both on location and in studio, including pre-production/planning, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography Basics.
- You have a keen artistic eye, reflected in both the way the projects are filmed and the choices made during the editing process.
- You have direct experience with video production and editing tools: Digital Cine and ENG cameras (ex: Panasonic GH5, Panasonic P2HD, Sony XDCAM 4K (XAVC), Canon EOS Rebel SL1, Hitachi Z-HD5000.) Location and studio lighting and sound. You are familiar with with professional cameras, GoPro, HD and SD formats.
- You have advanced editing skills in Adobe Premiere Pro. You have intermediate skills with AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, Motion.
- You have solid grasp of cameras and lenses, and how to achieve desired effects for various types of shots, understanding of camera settings (white balance, shutter speed, aperture, etc.).
- You have knowledge of live streaming services and equipment, SquareSpace website hosting platform and social media tools and best practices.
- You have a strong understanding of web video formats, delivery and tools; including platforms like Insta, Twitter, Vimeo as well as live delivery like Facebook and YouTube.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- You’ve got strong verbal and written communication skills, with a serious customer service focus— where you confidently coach and collaborate with leadership and cross-functional partners.
- You can put your head down and edit audio, video and photography with lightning speed.
- You have the ability to create workflows to produce final product quickly at a certain quality level.
- You have an artistic perspective and demonstrate editorial awareness in your work, and a strong grasp on style differences, cultural conversations and Christian worldview.
- You have the ability to internalize the values, vision and brand character of the church and reflect that in your work.
- You can easily produce basic screen animations and graphics.
- You are able to work both independently and collaboratively and deploy time management skills to get your work done.
- You are organized and have strong feelings about keeping your digital assets organized.
- You can deftly toggle between Mac and PC platforms.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES THAT EARN YOU EXTRA POINTS
- An understanding of digital communications, including how infographics, data visualizations, multimedia and interactive tools can support compelling storytelling.
- AV control systems design and programming experience.
- Live production experience with basic understanding of stage design, setting and striking audio and lighting equipment.
- A working knowledge of Illustrator/Photoshop and other graphics software and design skills.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. Regular need to move or lift equipment of 50lbs.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with flexible schedule to include telecommuting.
- Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable,
- Work in computer editing for numerous hours on a weekly basis. Important Considerations for Applicants
- Only candidates with a recent demo reel of work will be considered. Please only submit work you have shot and edited independently.
- Must be available to work Sundays and major holidays, (we are a church, after all) as well as the ability to work after hours and support a non-traditional schedule as needed to support special events.