Job Title: Multi-Media Journalist
Business Segment: Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Responsibilities: KCSO Telemundo 33 in Sacramento, CA is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with outstanding writing and verbal communication skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gathering material to contribute in building daily rundown.
- Assist in the production of live broadcast.
- Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
- Participation in community events and station activities, including serving as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
Job Number: 55667BR
Posting Category: Editorial
Country: United States
Sub-Business: NBCUOTS – TLM KCSO
About Us: At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Career Level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television
- Be informed on news events locally and nationally
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
- Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
- Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations
- Must work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
- A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
- Candidate must work effectively with other in a team oriented environment
- Independent problem solving & multi-tasking
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as journalist
- BS/BA in Journalism/ Communications
- Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
- Must be willing to work in Sacramento, CA Location
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- The position requires driving and a valid driver’s license.
Notices: NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.