ClinicalMind is a full-service medical communications company with extensive experience in specialty therapeutic areas. We offer unique, cutting-edge live and digital initiatives designed to integrate, support, and enhance our client objectives and drive additional engagement with key customers.
ClinicalMind’s talented team defines our company. Anyone who works in this business knows that their success is based on one thing above all else – the people. We treat our employees with the same respect we give our clients. Come join a growing medical communications agency!
The Junior Medical Editor will be primarily responsible for providing editorial services, including copy editing, proofreading, and fact-checking, to help prepare promotional and medical education materials for client and med/legal review as well as final deliverables (print, digital, or otherwise) for all assigned account s. The Junior Medical Editor will also work closely with members of the scientific, account, digital, and project management teams to ensure proper communication on status of materials.
- Copy editing and proofreading scientific and meeting materials in Workfront, a web-based editing/project management platform, for grammar, punctuation, and content/style consistency
- Fact -checking annotations, provided by Medical, to ensure accuracy of scientific data
- Creating biographical sketches for meeting attendees/presenters by using provided CVs
- Maintaining editorial style guides to reflect up-to-date client/brand preferences
- Working proactively and constructively with all team members to facilitate workflow, exuding a mature, positive and professional demeanor at all times
- Demonstrating a thorough grasp of agency and editorial processes and procedures, showing concern for quality control
- Keeping supervisors informed and up to date regarding scheduling or time off
- Maintaining accurate time sheets submitting them in a timely manner
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, or the biological sciences and at least two (2) years of copyediting and proofreading experience in medical communications
- Ability to conduct literature searches (e.g., PubMed) and understand journal articles/medical-related literature
- Experience with online document submission portals (preferred, but not necessary)
- Experience with web-based editing and project management platforms (e.g., Workfront)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the scientific, account, digital, and project management teams
- Detail -oriented, thorough, and accurate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe
- Strong organization, time management, and research skills
- Location: Could consider 100% remote – home based or NYC – candidate choice
ClinicalMind is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.