About the job
Federal Realty Investment Trust is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, development and redevelopment of premium retail real estate in the country’s best markets. We consider ourselves one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies in the area. We encourage you to research Federal Realty to learn about our high-quality community shopping centers and mixed-use properties. While Federal Realty is one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country (as measured by the value of our assets), we function and operate as a small company. Team members with initiative and proven ability can be involved in many facets of executing Federal Realty’s business plan. We encourage you to look us up on LinkedIn and follow Federal Realty Investment Trust.
Federal Realty Investment trust is currently sourcing for a dynamic Marketing Coordinator based at Grossmont Center. This role is responsible for developing a marketing budget, implementing advertising plans, evaluating results and identifying areas to develop efficiencies in marketing efforts. Above all, the successful candidate is innovative and naturally energized by building relationships.
- Manage the execution of Grossmont Center events including logistics, budget management, advertising, and signage.
- Manage Grossmont Center signage, including but not limited to directories, event signage and property banners.
- Serve as a face of Grossmont Center to the community, with a strong focus on hospitality, community relations, and building relationships.
- Interact with merchants via phone, mail, e-mail, or in person meetings to provide marketing updates and increase event participation – work to create synergy between events and retailers.
- Manage the Grossmont Center Customer Service Representative.
- Implement effective marketing programs including, but not limited to, co-op advertising programs, direct mailers, e-blasts, supporting collateral, including posters, counter cards, etc.
- Oversee the digital communications strategy by creating and leading email marketing campaigns, writing content for eblast and newsletters and maintain and update the property website.
- Manage and execute the Social Media plan for Grossmont Center. Develop innovative social media programs by creating content and maximizing engagement to drive traffic for targeted goals.
- Manage execution of on-site special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of marketing and event planning experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications-related field preferred
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Must have strong strategic thinking and analysis skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Must be a creative thinker with proven decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work and thrive in high-intensity, fast-paced and deadline-oriented environments
- Proficient in using social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in Photoshop and InDesign, a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and communications principles and techniques
- Ability to work nights and weekends required during marketing events and promotions
- Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.