ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Sports Facilities Advisory, LLC (“SFA”) (www.sportadvisory.com) and its partner company Sports Facilities Management, LLC (“SFM”) are the preeminent resources for planning, funding, developing, and operating youth and amateur sports, recreation, wellness, event, and entertainment facilities. Joining the SFA and SFM family is a commitment to living our mission to improve the health and economic vitality of the communities around the world. Collectively, our firms have served over 2,000 communities across the United States and internationally, have a portfolio of more than $10 billion in planned facilities, and host more than 25 million visitors to our facilities annually.
Sports Facilities Advisory, LLC (“SFA”) is accepting applications for the Market Research & Writer position. We are seeking an exceptional individual dedicated to high performance, accuracy, hard work, and achieving excellence.
Based out of SFA’s corporate headquarters in Clearwater, FL, the Business Writer/Market Research Analyst will play a key role for SFA by developing and writing market opportunity reports, feasibility studies, business plans, presentations, and other reports as well as collecting, assessing, and reporting on the internal and external market and industry data that forms the foundation of our institutional-grade analyses and forecasts. The Business Writer/Market Research Analyst will leverage SFA’s team of analysts, strategic advisors, development advisors, and other resources to develop and maintain industry leading written report templates. Additionally, the Business Writer/Market Research Analyst will play a supporting role in the coordination and communication of internal and external projects, which may encompass new business opportunities, current project tracking and organization, and resource/project/client management.
The ideal candidate must be able to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Create, edit, and revise customer-facing written reports, presentations, and other communication
- Support SFA’s development/strategic advisors and project managers in the enhancement and execution of formal documents used to make financial decisions for public and private clients
- Transfer research and detailed numerical data into a narrative form for business plans, feasibility studies, financial reports, and other technical documents
- Using a variety of sources, collect and analyze data on potential customer demographics/socioeconomics, activity participation rates, and behaviors to identify potential markets, market segments, and factors affecting product demand
- Gather and consolidate primary partner and competitor data related to programs, products, services, financial performance, market share, and other activity
- Gather and consolidate secondary market data from public sources such as government and university reports, company literature, internet sources, and syndicated data resources
- Scope out the length of time and difficulty of tasks and projects, set objectives and goals, and independently meet key deadlines throughout the project management process
- Lead internal project tracking to support team resource management and client communication
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business management, economics, information science, sports management, or related field.
- Experience writing market reports, feasibility studies, business plans, and/or other technical documents.
- Experience translating financial data and market research information in to documented report and presentation materials.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to speak, write, and listen in a manner that clarifies issues, promotes closure and delivers information in a clear and concise manner.
- High level of energy with comfort in a fast-paced environment where multiple initiatives are happening simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills; experience in Microsoft Office tools and resources, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to synthesize and articulate large quantities of information.
- Detail oriented with the ability to perform precise data analysis.
- Ability to adapt to and adopt new technologies and tools for analyzing, narrating, and presenting findings.
Willing to travel up to 20% of the time
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Must be able to lift 20 pounds waist high
Will be required to sit for extended periods of time operating a computer