Full Job Description
Wasington DC, Baltimore, & New York City
The Drink Nation is a family of websites about drinking culture in American cities. Our national site, TheDrinkNation.com, features drink reviews, news, commentary and more. Our local sites contain a directory of all the best bars in the region; listings of upcoming events; and posts and articles about local bars, drink-related happenings and items of interest in the area.
We are currently searching for local editors in Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, and New York City.
If you are:
- an avid fan of great cocktails, craft beer or interesting wines (or, preferably, all of the above);
- well-versed in the ins and outs of your local restaurant and bar scene;
- can write quick and insightful blog posts and articles about the above;
- familiar with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter;
- and want to translate all that into a bit of extra cash, this is the position for you.
As local editor, you will be the point person for your site, writing articles, communicating with bars and PR firms, supplying information on openings, helping with social media and on-the-ground outreach and generally helping spread the word about your site.
Pay will include a base rate for a minimum of six article posts a month, which can be increased by bonuses that are awarded based on traffic generated by your posts and articles.
This is a freelance position.
If interested, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org