Full Job Description
Voice of America is looking for a dynamic and creative multimedia journalist to carry on its mission of informing, engaging and connecting our Asian audience.
As a multimedia journalist, you will cover news in Washington and in the U.S. for VOA’s audience in Asia and will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with newsmakers in America and in Asia. You must be able to develop and present reports in a clear, concise and objective manner.
As a radio and television news anchor, you will host a weekly or daily news or magazine program for VOA’s audience in Asia.
You must be a team player with solid news judgment and international news perspectives, and must be able to develop original multimedia stories from conception to publication. You must be able to work independently with the camera, have the ability to write, edit video and audio, and to interact with VOA’s audience through all of VOA Asia’s media platforms.
- Host live or pre-recorded television or radio news, feature, or magazine programs, responsible for the content, style, and tone of the program
- Conduct live, on-air or pre-recorded interviews
- Produce, report and edit multimedia stories daily, gather audio, shoot and edit video, and record and edit both audio and video
- Generate content for newscasts through a variety of contacts and social media channels
- Maintain VOA Asia’s active and consistent presence across all platforms, including producing content for digital outlets
- Work with VOA English to Asia team, analyzing social media metrics to develop strategy to maximize digital engagement
- Work as a team player, promote and deliver positive work atmosphere by means of professional manners, mutual respect and clear communication with supervisors, peers, newsmaker contacts and audience
- Ten years of experience as a news anchor and reporter for radio and television
- International news reporting experience
- Sound news judgment and strong journalistic standards and ethics
- Proven live interviewing /reporting skills
- Proven storytelling ability across all platforms
- Advanced knowledge in the use of audio and video recording equipment, editing systems and production and editing principles
- Advanced knowledge of social media metrics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure, manage breaking news situations, meet strict deadlines, and respond quickly to changes
- Flexible to work any assigned shift, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
broadcast journalism: 7 years (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location