The Location: Gurgaon, Houston, London or Singapore
Grade: 10 ( relevant for internal applicants only )
The Team: Works with a team of digital editors to publish, enhance and amplify Showcase (free) content. The team performs a vital co-ordinating role for the content group and works closely with marketing and other commercial functions to align free content strategy with the business goals.
The Impact: Plays key role in editorial output for Platts public-facing online platforms. Curates and commissions thought leadership to represent the breadth and depth of Platts expertise in commodities.
What’s in it for you:
Strategic — Opportunity to develop and sharpen content strategy
Networking — Exposure to many parts of S&P Global Platts and the wider S&P Global business.
Editorial excellence — Provide leadership and coaching in digital journalism and writing thought leadership
- Commissioning editor and writer responsible for Platts Insight blog and Insight magazine, with strong copy editing and feature writing skills and an instinct for topical, big-picture news angles
- Assesses pitches and pro-actively commissions content from across Platts content teams (news, pricing and analytics) to maintain a steady stream of blog posts that represent the company’s expertise across all the commodity areas we cover
- Fosters collaboration and innovative content creation, spotting opportunities to maximize impact by pulling in complementary angles or resources
- Networks across Platts, and also across S&P Global divisions, to ensure Insight content represents the full breadth and depth of our knowledge and products
- Commissions, project-manages and edits 3-4 editions of Insight magazine per year by agreement with marketing
- Promotes Insight blog and magazine content via social media
- Works closely with digital editors, communications and marketing to ensure content is delivered and promoted in a timely way and supports business strategic priorities
- Develops multimedia offering by exploring new content series/concepts and formats, including researching innovations in digital/interactive presentation and social media
Tracks blog and magazine performance using (for example) Google Analytics, feeding into digital content team reporting on content performance
Conducts coaching/training for content creators in feature writing, and contributes to training in other multimedia skills e.g. podcasts, infographics
Advocates for effective use of showcase content across the business, as a sales, marketing, and client and source engagement tool
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to digital media
- Proven editing experience, with great news judgement and an instinct for original and attention-grabbing angles
- Versatile and talented writer with experience of a range of styles including features and op-ed/comment
- Digital publishing experience including data journalism, data visualization, social media, with a track record of creating impactful digital pieces
- Experience of covering commodity or financial markets or related business sectors
- Attention to detail, with the ability to consistently spot inaccurate information, apply a style guide, and ensure coherence across broader collections of content
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving and critical thinking ability
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing tasks in time-critical situations
- Ability to coach others in writing and digital presentation skills, set best practice and contribute to leadership in editorial standards
- Enthusiasm for continuous professional development in digital media skills
- Experience in print and/or digital magazine publishing
- Editorial project management experience
- Experience of using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics or similar to track content performance
- Understanding of SEO
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 261346
Posted On: 2021-04-28
Location: London, United Kingdom