About the job
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
We Are Proud Of The Competitive Products And Company Culture We’ve Built And Have Been Recognized As
- Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work.
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for…
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Team
We aim to reinvent the way the next generation gets their financial education. The Editorial team is hiring a Financial Education Editor to write, shape, and oversee a range of new and existing education content products.
This Editor will lead the development of key financial education content for our team, develop new formats, and support staple education products through accessible, relatable, and engaging content. The Editor will also serve as a subject matter expert internally and externally—guiding, shaping, and delivering financial educational media products within our Editorial team.
This role is critical to our growth as we scale our financial literacy and investor education efforts. This role will serve as a strategic leader as we build out our educational content on and off-platform while helping to design new ways of delivering new and innovative forms of education. As Education Editor, you’ll help lead the overall content strategy for education content at Robinhood, optimize day-to-day editorial operations and bring new creative opportunities to life both in- and out-of-app.
The ideal candidate has expertise covering and/or editing financial education content, with deep experience with stock and market fundamentals, personal finance experts, and can shape stories from assignment to publishing, while leveling content to hone relevance and voice.
What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Serving as a editor, subject matter expert, and writer for financial literacy content developed within Editorial, in-app and beyond
- Driving the creation and iteration of new education products to serve our audience and customers in high impact ways
- Ensuring a high quality bar for accuracy, digestibility, voice, and resonance with key cultural topics
- Upholding Robinhood’s Editorial standards and working closely with internal reviewers to finalize content
- Working closely with Editorial leadership & News editors, writers, design, creative, compliance legal and other XFN partners to pitch, develop, write, assign, and oversee stand-out financial literacy coverage daily for a range of channels and formats
- 5+ years of experience as a financial news writer or editor
- Passionate about making complex financial topics digestible for a broad audience
- Flexibility and willingness to experiment creatively to improve our editorial
- Collaborative spirit working with cross-functional partners
- Bonus Points
- Love for finding creative, new ways to explain key financial concepts
- Excited about the intersection of culture and finance
- Passionate about financial literacy
- FINRA Series 24
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).