Full Job Description
- Fayetteville Technical Community College is seeking qualified applicants for this full-time position. Qualified candidates will possess excellent communication and computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change; open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives; a willingness to take risks, and willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Handle the college’s athletic communications office with the publicity and media relations efforts for the athletic teams.
Assist with the coordination of all publicity and communications for selected
programs, including media relations and media training for student-athletes and
Assist with the development and implementation of creative athletic media/public relations strategies.
Designs, writes, and oversees the production of athletic department printed
promotional materials and media guides.
Writes and edits promotional materials including press releases, newsletters,
programs, and brochures; gathers, compiles, and presents statistical information.
Produce editorial content related to assigned sports for media guides, news releases and official website, and maintaining statistical records.
Create player biographies and managing the content of media guides provided to
press and programs sold to fans at games.
Provide player information, statistics, and background information on all sanctioned, official sports at the college.
Promote student-athletes to the public, helping to attract notice for their play and
Handle media requests for athletics-related interviews with coaches, trainers, and
players and generally provides information to promote the college’s athletic programs.
Attend home events and/or traveling to designated away events as media liaison.
Provides information to representatives of the opponent’s sports information office
about the team, including updating starting lineups.
Coordinate all aspects of media coverage for home events for selected sports.
Work with other departments within the college, to ensure home events run efficiently.
Assist with the development and implementation of creative digital
communications strategies including, but not limited to, web site, social media and
Assist the athletic and college’s communications offices with its digital
Provide support to official web site initiatives including strategies, editorial content,
design and updating of historical data.
Staying current on emerging digital communications trends, including but not
limited to, mobile technology, metrics and social media.
Plans, coordinates, and manages special events including press conferences,
press luncheons, and athletic banquets.
Oversee, train, and direct student assistants assigned to help with selected sports.
Process and distributing credential requests.
Nominate student-athletes and coaches for conference and national awards.
Attend events / professional development sessions as needed to support athletic
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Performing special projects as assigned.
Four years of responsible experience in the planning and organizing of
intercollegiate athletics as an information and communications go between for the department and interested media outlets.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university related to area of assigned program or equivalent.
Academic or professional backgrounds particularly helpful for the career include media and journalism.
Experience as a professional sports reporter, provides best practice insights on ways to work with reporters and provides extensive
experience covering athletics and writing about it.
- Subject matter related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Principles and practices of program management.
- Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation.
- Applicable laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Principles of supervision including motivation and disciplinary action of students.
- College organization, including policy and procedural development.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat,
Photoshop); and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Principles, practices, and methods of proper marketing and publicity.
Preferred Requirements Full or Part Time Full Time College Pay Scale Range $42,446 – $52,073 Number of Months 12 Position End Date (if temporary) Posting Number S61-21
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.