About the job
The Digital Marketing Strategist is a full-time, benefit-eligible position reporting to the President. This role is responsible for promoting the University and its image through social networks, launching campaigns, and interacting with users. This role works closely with the President’s Office and is tasked with gathering interest in the University through social media platforms.
This role will collaborate with many different departments to coordinate our online marketing, advertising and promotional activities with a clear and cohesive brand message. It is responsible for promoting Warner Pacific University and increasing prospective student engagement.
A successful candidate will be an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of the University’s identity and drive growth opportunities.
Primary Job Duties
- Create and executive a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop engaging content for all social media platforms.
- Assist in the creating and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across all WPU social media channels.
- Identify creative ways to promote WPU.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquires, and comments.
- Understand Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and define them specifically for social media.
- Review analytics and create reports based on KPI’s.
- Collaborating with designers or copywriters to provide attractive and informative campaigns.
- Tracking performance of campaigns.
- Suggest and implement direct marketing methods to increase campaign effectiveness.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends
- Using social media marketing tools and techniques.
- Tracking customer engagement and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to optimize campaign content.
- Establishing relationships/networks of industry professionals or influencers on social media.
- Accurately and timely post-up-to-the-minute information.
- Manage multiple social media platforms simultaneously with accuracy.
- Collaborate with campus business partners to create a social media calendar.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a digital media specialist or digital account manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Digital Media or relevant field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in business posts on social media platforms.
- Proficient in photography.
- Experience in videography.
- Understand SEO and web traffic data.
- Familiar with web page design and publishing.
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in digital content and social media space.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills (print, digital, photo and video).
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Bilingual – Fluent in Spanish/English, speaking, reading and writing
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business casual attire is required. Will include some evening and weekend work assignments.
Employment And Lifestyle Standards
- Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered urban liberal arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. The University was founded in 1937 by the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana). Central to Warner Pacific’s identity as a Christ-centered higher education institution is the policy of hiring persons whose personal and professional lives reflect:
- A belief in the deity of and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith, as interpreted through the historic witness of Scripture and the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- The practice of following Christ through day-to-day personal lifestyle choices.
- A vitality of Christian experience maturing in insight and application and appreciative of differing viewpoints.
- A commitment to life-long learning and service through personal and professional development.
- For teaching faculty, the expression of artful teaching, based on mastery of relevant subject matter and in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry amongst a community of scholars who support one another.
- A capability, by temperament, preparation, and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of their lives.
- A sensitivity to and support for the mission, core themes, vision, values, ethos and traditions of the Warner Pacific University community.
- A commitment to teaching and serving in harmony with the doctrines of the Holy Bible.
- Employee Agreement
Mission-based hiring is of critical importance to Warner Pacific University. Employees are expected to demonstrate and articulate a vital Christian faith and to live in a manner consistent with a Christ-centered lifestyle as informed by the Scriptures of the New Testament.
Warner Pacific’s students, faculty and staff are expected to foster an environment of mutual respect and accountability, to care for the personal dignity of others and to exercise integrity in their conduct and communication. The University environment is expected to be free from discrimination and harassment (including bullying). When an individual’s behavior has direct implications for others and/or the well-being of the University community, there may be cause for institutional involvement, regardless of where the situation occurs.
Warner Pacific University desires to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, faculty, students, visitors and guests. Therefore, smoking is not permitted on University property, in its vehicles, or at any University-sponsored event. The use of illegal drugs or non-prescribed controlled substances is strictly prohibited. Use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on Warner Pacific University campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, diverse, minority-serving, Hispanic-serving, liberal arts University dedicated to providing students with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds. Warner Pacific University is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://warnerpacific.catsone.com/careers/1611-General Click “Apply Now” to complete the online application, and submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Samples (please include articles and social media posts)