About the job
Frank (Acquired by JPMC) is looking for an experienced and innovative content writer to join the Growth Team. As a storyteller and subject matter expert for our high school and college students, you’ll develop resources to help them navigate the complicated world of financial aid, college planning, and career discovery.
Our ideal candidate has a knack for taking complicated language and distilling it into an easy-to-understand, conversational tone that keeps students engaged and dedicated to building a brighter future for themselves. You thrive in the fast-paced world of publishing, would rather spend your day writing than taking meetings, and enjoy researching and learning about new topics regularly. You also have a deep understanding of how SEO impacts organic traffic and are a master at weaving keywords into a piece of content without compromising its integrity.
You’ll work closely with the VP of Content to craft high-quality, detailed content for articles, resources, social media, and brand campaigns while bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Write, edit and deliver content that’s thought-provoking, easy to understand, and on-brand while implementing SEO best practices.
- Research and maintain a comprehensive understanding of student life, financial aid, and college planning to assist with creating content that incorporates SEO strategies.
- Always have your finger on the pulse news that affects college students and updates to the financial aid process.
- Partner with SEO and Creative to develop eye-catching, traffic-boosting articles that stray from the status quo.
- Own the brand style and tone to ensure consistency across all mediums and platforms.
- Distill creative direction and technical information into simplistic terms for students of all ages and backgrounds.
- A keen eye for detail, obsessive with grammar and language, and deliver copy ready for publishing on or before a deadline.
- Open to constructive feedback and determined to meet client and company expectations for copywriting projects.
- Optimize and edit older content for consistency, grammar, and SEO improvements.
- Balance various requests from stakeholders with grace and professionalism.
- Stay current with SEO industry trends and algorithm development to ensure SEO best practices are being followed
- Use Google Analytics and SEO tools to track the performance of your stories and use learnings to boost your numbers
- Proven ability to set the tone and lead other writers and marketers in a consistent voice across various brand properties.
- An expansive portfolio that showcases a variety of content including articles, blogs, social media, and brand copywriting.
- Comfortable with fast-moving deadlines and can balance multiple projects
- Experience taking complex terminology and making it user friendly, engaging, and fun
- Experience writing for career, finance, college, or financial aid is a plus but not required.
- A love of research and learning that you can impart to readers nationwide.
- Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role for new hires joining JPMorgan Chase. Additional requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool and may include mask-wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Note: The requirement to be fully vaccinated to be hired for this role does not apply to roles with a work location in Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Montana, and Tennessee. For applicants to these roles, JPMorgan Chase will consider all qualified applicants regardless of vaccination status, due to state and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans.