Randolph-Macon College, a NCAA Division III liberal arts institution, invites applications for an Assistant Director of Athletic Communications. Reporting to the Director of Athletic Communications, duties include assistance with marketing, publicizing and community relations/promotion for the College’s 18 men’s and women’s varsity athletic teams and the Athletic Department.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Oversee live streaming of home athletic events; coordinate operations of video board at Day Field; oversee video highlights of athletics events and coordinate video feature stories.
- Coordination of department’s video operations and oversee athletic department social media accounts and monitor accounts of individual sports. Update and maintain seasonal files and records for the Athletic Communications Office for all sports.
- Assist with statistical collections and maintenance as well as daily updating and up keep of the athletic web site; serving as the primary media contact for various teams; and assisting with production of game notes and game programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field
- At least one year of experience in Athletic Communications or related field.
- Must have exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethic and professionally represent the college and athletic department at all times.
- Experience with live video production as well as video highlights, video features and InDesign software strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Stat Crew and Genius statistics programs and updating an athletic website a plus.
- Must have satisfactory driving record according to insurance standards and be willing to work during home and out-of-town athletic events at night and on weekends.
Please complete an online application at http://bit.ly/rmc1266 to include uploading a resume, letter of interest, and contact information for three professional references addressed to: Sharon Jackson, Director of Human Resources. Screening of applications will begin immediately. *Finalists will be asked to supply videos or links to videos on which they worked.