is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential and loved journalism brand in the world. We do this by delighting our audience, clients, and colleagues and getting better every day.
We are effective. We are “good eggs.” We communicate well. We get better every day.
Our culture is based on effectiveness. It’s the measure by which we work, make decisions, and grow. To be as effective as possible, we take ownership of our words, work, and ideas and we have accountability to our audience, clients, and colleagues.
Insider’s advertising desk is seeking a full-time reporter to cover Big Tech with a focus on their advertising businesses.
We’re looking for an aggressive reporter to cover the tech giants that dominate advertising and hold them accountable by getting scoops, breaking down the news, mapping out the people and companies driving change, and pursuing longer-term investigations.
- The role will dig into the way tech giants are changing the game for advertisers, especially as they rewrite the rules of digital advertising in the privacy era. Areas of focus include:
Google and the demise of the third-party cookie
- Facebook’s shift to the metaverse and its attempt to rebuild its ad infrastructure
- Apple’s privacy changes and ad ambitions
- Other rising ad platforms like TikTok and Roku
- Adtech companies like The Trade Desk and how they’re adapting to changes in digital advertising
The ideal candidate is a flexible and creative reporter with robust sources and the ability to cultivate new ones. They’re comfortable with a range of story types and eager to learn what kinds of stories work behind the paywall. They’re able to see the big picture and explain complex topics in a conversational way to smart but busy readers. They enjoy collaborating with colleagues on their own and other teams.
We’re seeking a candidate with:
- Strong experience in business reporting
- A track record of breaking news and a portfolio of features
- The highest journalistic ethics
- Sound news judgment
- A willingness to learn and adjust as beats and reader demands evolve
- Strong knowledge of and interest in the tech industry
- A love of Insider and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of social media and SEO
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under time pressure
The salary range for this position is $80,000-$110,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Insider offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.