Full Job Description
Endicott College is a Baccalaureate, Master and Doctoral degree-granting institution located on the North Shore of Massachusetts. Endicott is a welcoming community with engaged staff, faculty and students, and a beautiful campus. Explore all we have to offer!
Endicott’s School of Social Sciences, Communication, & Humanities is seeking an adjunct instructor to teach DM225 Sports Journalism for the spring 2022 semester. This is an in-person, on-campus course conducted on Monday/Wednesday from 5:00-6:15 pm. Our spring semester begins on January 24, 2022 and ends May 13, 2022.
DM225 Sports Journalism delves into the impact of sports journalism; it provides an overview of its history and examines the contemporary landscape in which the field operates. In addition to offering students an understanding of how the profession relies on investigative journalism, beat reporting, and podcasting, the course will discuss how sports journalists report on race, gender and the LGBT community. Students use traditional journalistic methods to tell sports stories through photography, video, audio, and written pieces.
The adjunct instructor responsibilities:
- Follow the existing syllabus template and honor both the course’s description and learning outcomes
- Teach the course in its assigned time block (M/W 5-6:15 pm)
- Abide by Endicott’s academic policies and any policies that may be in place due to COVID-19
- Use Canvas as the course’s learning management system
- Meet deadlines for roster verification and submission of grades
- Communicate with the Communication Department faculty lead if and when issues arise concerning the teaching of DM225
- Meet with students if they request assistance or need clarification for any course-related matter
- Provide samples of student work for assessment purposes, if requested
- Use their Endicott email address when communicating with students
- Doctorate preferred; Master’s degree required
- Teaching experience required, preferably at the college-level
Endicott College celebrates diversity and strives to bring a mix of talented people— representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills—together to do their best work. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We look forward to hearing from you!