Assistant Director of Athletic Communications
Full Job Description
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We’re consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For” in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you’ll be free to think differently. You’ll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you’ll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn University, a NCAA Division II member and a member of the Sunshine State Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Athletic Communications. This is a full-time position with benefits over a 12-month period. The ideal candidate will possess good interpersonal, organizational, detailed and problem-solving skills, communication skills, and have the ability to work independent and within a team-oriented work group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the University’s mission and athletic department core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE, and STRENGTH.
- Serve as the primary contact for designated sports (write press releases, maintain website, conduct interviews, assist with the in-game broadcast production, handle in-game statistics, etc.).
- Serve as secondary contact for the remaining athletic programs, including in-game functions for all sports at some point throughout the year.
- Coordinate game-day staff for assigned sports
- Edit video highlights, interviews and photos for the athletic website and social media.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing the department’s social media outreach plan – strictly adhering to the Lynn brand.
- Assist in community outreach events with student-athletes.
- Assist with special events such as Hall of Fame Ceremony.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or sports management.
- At least one year of experience in collegiate athletics communications preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, computer and oral communication skills are required.
- Successful applicants will be knowledgeable in Statcrew/NCAA Live Stats, Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Premier, as well as have some knowledge of HTML code.
- Digital photography experience a plus.
- Video editing and statistical software experience preferred.
- Night and weekend work required.