FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
KSBY-TV, an EW Scripps NBC affiliate is now hiring for a Weekend Sports Anchor/Multimedia Journalist in San Luis Obispo, CA! In this role, the Sports Anchor/MMJ will be responsible for researching, writing, producing, editing sports segments, capturing visual content for multiple platforms, anchoring and/or reporting newscasts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Receives assignment or evaluates sports leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories. Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration. Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality sports stories for multiple media platforms.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce sports stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Knowledge and demonstration of Sports industry
- Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws Requirements
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems. Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites and multimedia.
Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Advanced knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
Advance knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices
Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is one of the nation’s leading media companies, focused on creating a better-informed world through a portfolio of news, information and entertainment brands. Scripps will become the nation’s largest television broadcaster, reaching 73% of U.S. television households through 108 stations in 76 markets, pending regulatory approval of its acquisition of ION Media. Committed to serving local audiences through objective journalism, Scripps operates 60 local TV stations in 42 markets. It is creating a national TV networks business that will include ION Media’s entertainment programming, Newsy’s straightforward headline and documentary news content and the five popular Katz broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.