About the job
Diversity has been an area of concern in international education for many years, Global Diversity Abroad, our sister company, mission is to present the opportunity for historically over-looked high school students with the possibility to learn on an international platform. This program is specially designed to meet the needs of minority and at-risk youth, guiding them through a course of study that will expose them to drastic life changing experiences abroad.
Our goal is to formulate a preventative social mindset where students are exposed to new ideas, build positive relationships, develop confidence and experience new challenges. This is our model to empower young people to be globally-minded individuals by transforming their lives.
We are looking for a passionate reporter to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and interesting stories for our organizations bi-monthly newsletter. We are willing to help train the right person.
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Publish to all social media outlets
- Abide by LifeSmart Education Policies & Procedures
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Confer with social media director
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events by attending events etc.
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Knowledge of the LifeSmart Education organization
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and morality
- Passionate about writing
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Journalism, Verbal / Written Communication, Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com), Social Media / Blogging, General Education, Community Outreach