Full Job Description
Showcase the beautiful property and people of YMCA of the Rockies through your camera lens!
This position supports the work of YMCA of the Rockies, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and overnight summer camp for youth, serving more than 225,000 guests and over 2,200 campers annually.
The Association Videographer/Photographer is primarily responsible for creating and developing multimedia (audio/video) and photographic content that supports the marketing strategy for the two centers and the seasonal residential camp for youth, as well as mission communications and employee communications. This includes guest and camper stories, internal announcement videos, external promotional and social videos and photography, recruiting videos, and other internal projects.
- Responsible for recording live events and small-scale video productions
- Develop videos and photography to portray the experience and activities at YMCA of the Rockies
- Script, direct, capture, and edit marketing and social media videos, mission moments, promotional videos, human resources communications and training, and other internal projects.
- Manage videos and photographs on the website and other social marketing venues
- Visit each center frequently and regularly to develop and maintain strong relationships with leadership and department managers
- Embrace mission of the YMCA of the Rockies and use that mission as a lens through which all work is viewed
- An academic degree in video production, digital design, multimedia journalism, photography, video production, other related field or at least 4 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in video pre-production, production, and post-production
- Experience with still camera equipment, photography and photography editing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software including Premier, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Be able to integrate multi-media from web, video, photography and print
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complicated, challenging environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop positive, supportive and effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program; promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards