BerlinRosen is a leading national progressive public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America’s best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Strategic Campaigns team works with nonprofits, partners in entertainment, philanthropic foundations and other organizations focused on the intersection of racial and economic justice, and culture work. We help our clients improve the lives of impacted communities, address inequality in our economy, our criminal justice system and our political system while holding some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and of color communities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Do you have knowledge of, or lived experiences shaped by, politics, racial or economic injustice? Do you have a personal commitment to social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change? Are you a strategist who can be a trusted voice for our clients? Do you have a track record of building relationships with reporters and experience managing and executing integrated campaigns?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
Note: BerlinRosen is remote through at least March 2021. This role will be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices (date TBD).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Vice President on our Strategic Campaigns team, you will…
- Help set and advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Develop and oversee integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters covering politics, racial and economic justice, and entertainment
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- Manage staff and have direct reports
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in progressive politics, strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism, or a related fields; agency experience a strong plus.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a diverse team, exemplify excellent judgement and people skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- Understands how race and gender equality in politics, arts, culture, Hollywood and the non-profit spaces shape the economy.
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning, writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles etc.), local, state, or national politics, and how to engage with members of the media for both rapid response and long lead stories
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including…
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement