Full Job Description
Under general supervision, develops and implements a community liaison program for the Treasurer’s Office, including communications. Promotes Treasurer’s Office public service messages through traditional and social media. Acts as the Treasurer’s Community Liaison by planning and coordinating events for Oakland County constituents. Represents the Treasurer’s Office at meetings with community members, local government leaders, community and nonprofit organizations and media outlets to promote Treasurer’s Office services and referral opportunities. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with* award date*
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver’s License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Political Science, Communications, Journalism, English or related area; AND
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
- Have had at least two (2) years of full-time work experience in public administration, legislative activities, communications, or related areas.
NOTE: A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in one of the areas outlined in 1. above may substitute for one (1) year of the work experience outlined in 2. above.
- Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
- Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this classification.
- Successfully complete the six (6) month probationary period.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
If you have completed education higher than a high school diploma or GED, you must attach a copy of your official/unofficial transcript(s) that clearly state the type of degree and date awarded/conferred, institution name, and applicant name; and is in a format that cannot be modified or edited. Your application will not be considered for further review if you have failed to provide this information. Transcripts from outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). This documentation must be attached to your application if you are certifying you have an education higher than high school/GED. NOTE: This section is used for TRANSCRIPTS ONLY. Other documents such as references, cover letters, resumes, etc are prohibited and will not be reviewed. If a job offer is made, an official transcript will be required.
Must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license.
Location: Location, Pontiac, MI
Job Type: Full-time