About the job
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title. Total Traffic + Weather Network
Uses ENG equipment to record and report on News, Traffic, and transit conditions.
- Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters by observing traffic from helicopter and using ENG equipment for use on TV.
- Occasionally Announces the latest accidents and traffic delays.
- May read traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
- Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
- Manages gathered information: keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
- In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
- Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
- Will be required to report live on location from helicopters, to paint a visual picture (bird’s eye view) by looking out of helicopter window.
- May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
- May require flexibility in work schedules.
- May be embedded in a TV station.
- Proficient in ENG equipment.
- Knowledgeable with San Diego coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of police scanners a plus
- May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
- 4+ years’ experience in TV camera operation.
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications or equivalent.
- San Diego, CA: 9660 Granite Ridge Drive, 92123
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.