KCPS is seeking a person who has the skills (scriptwriting, on-location production, multi-camera studio production and post-production, and the use of non-linear editing systems) to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the television and film industries and/or postsecondary education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize a variety of effective and professional teaching techniques and methods to assist students in attaining the performance objectives of the TV Production program;
- Develop and implement lessons to teach skills required to master video, television, DVD, and computer applications and competencies related to multimedia production;
- Establish a program advisory committee to ensure a quality-TV Production program.
- Deliver quality program instruction to students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepare course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Administer tests to evaluate pupil progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
- Perform related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities and student organizations.
- Maintain discipline in classroom.
- Maintain the existing TV Production curriculum and instructional process; develop and implement appropriate changes and improvements.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with area media organizations/businesses and agencies to provide students with learning experiences in media related fields.
- Attend District Media meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Television, video, and radio technologies; personal computers; multimedia and graphic design software; and teaching strategies and modalities.
MAC computers, Final Cut Pro/Studio, Adobe, and other technology related to media.
Multimedia Production theory and applications in the following areas:
1. Television, video, DVD, radio, and/or other multimedia industries;
2. Advanced multimedia production utilizing various software programs and graphics;
4. Television and radio program production;
5. Video and/or DVD production;
6. Curriculum and instructional practices;
7. Current industry trends, methodology and practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
- Baccalaureate degree.
- Hold or be eligible for a Missouri Vocational Certificate in Radio/TV Broadcasting Tech Education or Journalism/Mass Media Certification.
- Five (5) years of work experience directly related to TV/Multimedia Production.
- Ability and willingness to continually develop, evaluate, and refine curriculum in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with the media community.
- Ability to foster student leadership development through Skills USA.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Prior Digital TV Production education teaching experience
- Prior Digital TV Production experience
- Knowledge of child labor laws
- Prior Skills USA chapter advisor experience
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least ten pounds.