About the job
Telemundo Charlotte, part of the WSOC newsroom, is seeking a News Producer to help grow the market’s only Spanish-language TV newscast.
The successful candidate must be able to own breaking news inside newscasts and in extended coverage. In addition, successful candidates must understand coverage on all platforms and is expected to help generate enterprise story ideas. We are in search of a Producer who can emerge as a newsroom leader, make solid decisions and execute a coverage plan both on-air and on all platforms. Collaboration with others is a must for this position, and candidates should be open to feedback and have a desire to grow in their role. Candidates should have at least 2 years of producing experience, ideally in Spanish.
Full bilingual abilities in Spanish and English is required for this role.
- Craft relevant, energetic, important and memorable newscasts
- Write Opens, Stories, and Teases
- Assign stories to anchors, writers, and editors for scripting, production and timing
- Consult with Director, Anchor, other Producers, and Managers on production needs
- Work in the Control Room during broadcast to oversee presentation and changes in format
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for
- Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish and English is required
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in local TV news is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subject.