About the job
Intrado is a global provider of communication and network infrastructure services. Intrado helps its clients more effectively communicate, collaborate and connect with their audiences through a diverse portfolio of solutions that include unified communications services, safety services, interactive services such as automated notifications, telecom services and specialty agent services. For 30 years, Intrado has provided reliable, high-quality, voice and data services. Intrado has sales and operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
At Intrado, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses connect and engage with their end customers. We develop technology-enabled communications solutions that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
Our Product Management team is hiring a Technical Writer to be remotely based or office based in Omaha. The Technical Writer and will be responsible for all internal and external documentation on the products developed by the Product Development teams. This will include API specifications, internal development documentation, data sheets, UI guides, etc… The audience for the Technical Writer can vary from business executives to application engineers and the material developed will need to be consumable by either spectrum. The Technical Writer will be responsible for speed to knowledge and active consumption of the technologies documented improving speed to utilization.
- The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and maintaining end-user documentation which may include technical specifications, document design requirements, and department style guide standards ensuring adherence to department policies and established deadlines; translate technical/non-technical
- information into manuals/web-based documents for non-technical/technical users ensuring
- documentation is kept up-to-date; research existing programs to determine if requirements
- documentation has been completed and follows a format required by the client or department;
- proactively oversee the activities involved in quality resolution of problems related to
- documentation issues; participate in activities associated with assigned projects, ensuring tasks
- are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner, striving to meet and exceed expectations.
Applicant for this job will be expected to meet the following minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or technical school. Major course work in
- computer science, MIS, Journalism, Communication, English or related field preferred
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum 2 years technical writing or documentation experience required
- Minimum 1 year experience in the IVR/Speech Recognition industry preferred
- Based on department or area of responsibility the following may be required:
- Minimum 1 year experience with Visio
- Based on departmental need the one or more of the following may be preferred:
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Pro, InDesign or HTML
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Our solutions connect people with each other, and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most – Information to Insight.
- Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
The position will be posted at least a minimum of 7 days and then until it is filled
Don’t forget to join our online talent community and “Like” Intrado Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other Intrado employees!