Full Job Description
Our world has never been more alive with opportunities and, at Kyndryl, we’re ready to seize them. We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Kyndryl is at the heart of progress — dedicated to helping companies and people grow strong. Our people are actively discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. At Kyndryl, we want you to keep growing, and we’ll provide plenty of opportunities to make that happen.
Please be aware that we have the Kyndryl candidate zone hosted by IBM for a certain period. If you have applied for an IBM role previously, you will be able to log into the candidate zone using your previous IBM log in details. When in the candidate zone, you will be able to see your previous applications for both IBM and Kyndryl.
For further information on privacy, please visit www.kyndryl.com/privacy.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Your Role and Responsibilities•Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, and life cycle management•Propose product design and process improvements, coordinate, and execute content development and user experience strategy.•Evaluate content requests and work with stakeholders, such as Product Owners, Engineering, Marketing, and Design to understand the business problem, goals, and desired outcomes.•Design, develop, and publish Kyndryltechnica Your Role and Responsibilities
- Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, and life cycle management
- Propose product design and process improvements, coordinate, and execute content development and user experience strategy.
- Evaluate content requests and work with stakeholders, such as Product Owners, Engineering, Marketing, and Design to understand the business problem, goals, and desired outcomes.
- Design, develop, and publish Kyndryl technical content (e.g. embedded in the UI, product tours, messages, product documentation, and multimedia) that is easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to find.
- Simplify technically complex concepts and details from multiple sources into consumable content that drives user actions.
- Deliver clear, inclusive and accessible content for a global audience adhering to content design practices
- Research and design content based on user scenarios by understanding personas, delivering content for design iterations, developing and clarifying UI terms, actively contributing to design reviews and conducting user testing/research to validate content.
- Collaborate directly with your Design team, Product Management, Development, Marketing, Support, Sales and Training to tell a cohesive product story. Use expertise and user empathy to influence product design decisions to deliver the best user experiences we can for our clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer for enterprise software
- Command of U.S. English writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability.
- Modeling and formatting content into viable, feasible, and desirable solutions.
- Proven experience simplifying complex content for users.
- Researching and studying a subject and its context to inform content.
- Can define and apply consistent voice and tone throughout a content journey.
- Knowledge of markup languages (such as DITA XML, Markdown, HTML) and authoring tools (Oxygen).
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience documenting detailed technical content such as APIs and SDKs.
- A foundational understanding of UX design and design research.
- Experience working in an agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model.
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal).
- Samples of previous work are welcomed.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Able to work independently, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to a dynamic, team-based environment.
Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field, or a technical degree.
Required Education: None
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Country/Region: United States
State / Province: MULTIPLE
City / Township / Village: MULTIPLE CITIES
City / Township / Village 1
City / Township / Village 2
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Kyndryl’s Vaccination Policy
Beginning January 18, 2022, all employees working onsite at a Kyndryl, customer or partner location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires meeting these criteria will be asked to submit proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of employment. Those who believe they are eligible may apply for a medical or religious accommodation prior to the start of employment.
Primary job category: Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role ): Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract type: Regular
Position Type: Professional
Travel Required: Some travel may be required based on business demand
Company: (Y078) Kyndryl, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive-based position?