ProSphere (a PSI company) is seeking a Technical Writer to support an effort providing enterprise IT services essential for the engineering, implementation, and O&M for a DoD IT system to include Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), network, Audio Visual (A/V) conference room, and security camera systems. This is a full-time position located in Adams County, PA. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare SOPs, CONOPS, Technical Guides, Logistical Support Plans, Deployment Plans, and other supporting documents according to DoD standards
- Update, edit, standardize, or make changes to material, maintain records and files of work and revisions, and publish, duplicate, and distribute all final products as directed
- Confer with IT section stakeholders, customer representatives, vendors, or publishers to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Interview subject matter experts, read technical literature, and observe activities to become familiar with product technologies and determine operating procedure and details
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, English, or communications is desirable
- Must have an active Secret security clearance – Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information eligibility (TS/SCI) preferred
- Must have 3 years minimum experience with a technical subject such as computer science, engineering, telecommunications, or information technology
- Experience developing the following types of documentation:
- Technical Manuals and user guides
- Policies and procedures
- Document updating
- API Documentation
- Knowledge Articles
- Proficiency in timely and effective oral and written communication
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry’s most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.