About the job
This job is sourced from a job board. Learn moreResponsibilities
Launch your Career at NV Energy with an Internship
Join the largest energy provider in the state of Nevada and learn about the Power Utility Industry while you complete your degree. NV Energy is part of the Berkshire Hathaway Energy global family of companies and has been serving the people of Nevada for over 150 years.
An immediate internship opportunity with a commitment from Spring 2022 – Spring 2023 is available in Las Vegas for full time students studying Business.
The NV Energy Internship program is designed to ensure that it will challenge students with meaningful work, expose them to a career in the energy industry, and help them transition from academics to the workforce. Successful completion of an intern position can put a student on the fast track to a full-time career with NV Energy, following graduation.
The goal of our internship program is designed to combine the theoretical training and practical experience to ensure that students obtain meaningful work experience. Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible, a quick learner, highly motivated and a good team player. Accordingly, you must possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Successful students can build upon their existing skills and explore valuable careers in a variety of areas.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze data from various sources and determine results and/or establish trends. Produce reports and presentations of analytical outcomes for leadership.
- Gather industry data and information and compile findings in applicable report/presentation formatting.
- Review and compile customer, utility, and other industry survey data.
- Analyze and interpret survey data to determine where customers are satisfied and/or dissatisfied and make recommendations for improvement.
- Upon request, attend meetings and document meeting content, outcomes, and action items.
- Enter pertinent information on customers’ accounts within the Customer Information System.
- Document process flows of various workstreams, functions, policies, and procedures.
- Assist leadership by reviewing department budgets to validate expenses, identify errors and establish trends.
- Perform General Office Duties, which may include managing returned mail; ordering supplies; preparing customer mailings; typing documents; making copies; constructing PowerPoint presentations; developing and publishing department newsletters; and sending electronic communications to employees via email and Yammer.
- Plan and facilitate employee recognition events.
- Other duties may be assigned
- This internship is open to undergraduate students currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Journalism, or Marketing/Communications.
- Microsoft Office experience in Word, Excel & PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrates leadership, organization, interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Have the ability to work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Have the ability to commit from Spring 2022 – Spring 2023.
- Previous work experience is preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- To be eligible for employment as an intern, a student must:
- Submit and NV Energy Employment Application with resume and transcript.
- Be enrolled in the number of credit hours equal to full time status at an accredited college or university.
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.75 cumulative or above.
- All students must provide official transcripts and verification of college/university enrollment in order to begin or continue employment.
School year minimum of 12 up to a maximum of 20 hours per week
Summer: 20 to 40 hours per week
When applying, you must attach a transcript providing proof of at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA for consideration. All students must attach transcripts and verification of college/university enrollment at the time of application in order to begin or continue employment.
$14 to $20 per hour. This is a non-represented position.
NV Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call our HR Help Desk at (702) 402-5500 and select ‘0’ or Fax your request at (702) 402-0031. TTY Sensory Impaired – 711
Privacy and Legal
Please clear browser cache before applying for a job.