About the job
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. Those ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- In the role of Strategic Communications Manager, we’ll count on you to:
- Develop and maintain a Strategic Plan for the growth and delivery of Strategic Communications in his/her respective area.
- Coordinate with the Regional Business Class Lead to support business-class initiatives.
- Client management and development by identifying target clients, actively marketing and developing new clients in coordination with Client Development Leads/Marketing Managers and Market Sector Leads.
- Development and management of strategic communications programs for new & existing clients.
- Advanced project management skills including development and management of scopes, schedules and budgets including staffing plans and workflow management.
- Manage communications teams including multi-media designers, event planners, data managers and social media specialists.
- Management of client deliverables.
- Documentation of outreach activities and success metrics.
- Media strategy and management.
- Lead development and management of outreach strategy (political, business, residential, minority, etc.).
- Mentor and develop communications staff.
- Manage sub-consultants.
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance for other projects.
- Pilot new outreach technologies and approaches.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience leading teams in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Service and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and set and meet deadlines
- Strong industry presence through leadership roles, presentations or published papers
- Media relations experience desired
- In-depth knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for public involvement
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Prior staff management experience
- Media relations experience
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Industry: Strategic Communications
Employee Status: Regular
BusinessClass: Strategic Communications
Mar 31, 2022
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity in all of our offices. USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
Health and safety is also our priority. For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy. If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.