Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Financial Planning & Analysis team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Sr Financial Analyst position!
Performs the quantitative and qualitative analyses related to the production of short-, mid- and long-term financial plans for PSE and its parent companies, as well as analytics associated with corporate performance drivers. Leads the development of interdepartmental consensus on analytical assumptions and approaches leveraged for financial planning purposes.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Leads the process to update the monthly outlook and/or budget forecasts, and provides variance analyses. Presents the results to PSE directors and officers.
- Participates in the annual creation of the corporate mid and long-term financial plan. Facilitates and may lead the ongoing evaluation of the corporate mid and long-term financial plan.
- Helps develop corporate financial strategy by interfacing with PSE management and building interdepartmental consensus on modeling assumptions, such as rate case strategies, O&M and Capital targets and financing strategies to optimize corporate financial performance.
- Develops comprehensive financial models and various ad-hoc strategic analyses throughout the planning cycle.
- Anticipates and identifies areas of opportunity or inherent business risks evident in the data and communicates action plans to stakeholders.
- Develops consensus around analytical approaches and cultivates ties across business groups.
- Produces presentations for finance management committees.
- Continually improves forecast integrity by utilizing internal and external information resources, researching new financial metrics and modeling techniques, benchmarking, and data analytics.
- Promotes best practices of modeling techniques, methodologies, controls and documentation.
- Instructs investor analysts on modeling PSE business activity.
- Promotes accountability of financial assumptions and results across the organization by communicating to and educating business groups about financial implications of business operations.
- Supports various rate proceedings by answering data requests.
- Company & Industry Acumen – Consistently applies industry knowledge when developing analysis; understands the key stakeholders are and circulates findings accordingly; leverages knowledge to drive cross-functional solutions.
- Collaboration – Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to achieve business objectives and leads projects to completion with the appropriate amount of urgency.
- Customer Focus – Articulates customer needs and works collaboratively to exceed expectations and improve the customer experience.
- Innovation & Process Improvement – Takes ownership of responsibilities while identifying and recommending improvements to processes, procedures and systems; that appropriately considers stakeholder feedback. Manages time to create capacity to focus on value added work. Ensures individual knowledge and skills are up to date with current industry standards and actively shares knowledge with others.
- Strategic – Uses strategic thinking and critical reasoning to create solutions and drive value within business and team to meet strategic objectives.
- Influence – Uses analysis to provide cross-functional feedback that supports and drives business decisions.
- Leadership – Leads by example, provides guidance and may assist with training of junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to details, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field or MBA
- Applicable Finance Certification (CFA, CPA, CTP)
- 3+ years of experience working in the gas and/or electric industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and create capacity
- Ability to drive solutions/decisions beyond area of expertise and proactively addresses potential issues
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.